Friday 27 November 2009

Dallas to Denver



 After getting through Dallas Airport Security, escaping the Police ....grins .( I do like those cars though ) I make my way to the gate...yes I found the right gate...Denver here I come....then once at Denver I fly to Pueblo and get to meet  Diana. This I am looking forwards to as Diana and I have talked  on the phone so many times...I know Im early so I think a Coffee is called for....Its hard to believe that this afternoon I will be with Diana and be seeing Theo and Tigger.
 I bet Alfie wishes he was here too,!! Those Famous Surgeons ...Who knows what trouble they would bet into .
I check my watch.Im sure my flight isnt on time...I hear the tanoy...Denver flight delayed due to bad weather .Ok I can understand that..no problem, just a delay.
I decide to get something to eat...The sandwiches in US are much Bigger than in UK,, Im not a great bread eater so I will get something else ..Hmmmmm not much I fancy so I will give it a miss  and wait til I get to Denver..

A Coffee will do fine. Now, lets find a seat and see where the plane is..Ohh no, not another delay....The flight is going to be well over due..Many people are queueing up at the desk..Im not sure what for so I will just stay put until I can see the flight details.
Another tanoy announcment...Denver flight delayed...again....Where is the plane going ? Its sure not reaching Dallas.....I seem to have been here for hours...I know I have. I will go check on the flight as it looks like it isnt going to arrive anytime soon....
I hope it wont be too long  as my connecting flight will leave without me and then I wont be happy.
I ask about the flight  only to be told it wont arrive for ages ...and  when I ask about my connecting flight Im told No chance of making it
.Can I get a flight from Colorado Springs to Pueblo ? No. Hmmm ,What if I get to Denver and find a taxi.?   ..Do you know how far Pueblo is from Denver ? The lady says    its too far for a taxi, It will be very expensive. A guy in the line tells me he dosnt think It would be easy to get a taxi due to the distance. Hmmmm ok. lets think about this...So, I can get another flight to Denver tonight but no flight to Pueblo til tomorrow ?  Are park benches comfy  I wonder .....
Im told I can get tomorrows Denver flight and catch the Pueblo flight with no problem .or I can get to Denver tonight and try and find a hotel for the night there....I think it will be wiser  to stay in Dallas over night and fly out tomorrow....(and to think I was only saying to Maria how smoothly this trip was going,no wrong gates, no delays that caused problems, no missed flights...Yep, I should have kept my mouth shut !!)  Ok I settle for the hotel that the airport offer me....at no cost to THEM I find out later......Its getting late now and Im ready for some coffee , I will be back tomorrow and try again to reach Pueblo.Im going to find the Shuttle and get to the hotel then phone Diana to let her know whats going on. Im sad as I wanted to spend time with Diana  ..I was looking forwards to meeting her .
I find the Shuttle and reach the Hotel...Now Im really hungry....thirsty and I need to top up my sugar levels fast as I can feel myself getting low.
I phone Diana  and let her know what is happening and I will be in Pueblo tomorrow at about 1.30 pm...

The Hotel manager said if I want to get something to eat they will drive me there and back,,,That was a nice gesture I thought..but Ive spotted a McDonalds just aeound the corner ...Big Mac n fries will do me...
Maria calls me as Im in McDonalds, Yep, Im still in Texas..just getting a burger..no, Im not too keen on burgers but it will have to do...Im so hungry I could eat a ...erm...Burger !! What I want to Eat and what I actually get to eat are not quite the same kind of Burgers ..
 What I Got !!
This is what I wanted to fill the BIG Gap  but ......................                                                                          
What I got was Not going to fill me up ....
Ohh well, maybe Tomorrow this Hobo will eat....
I phone Donna and let her know I will be flying out tomorrow...
I head back to the Hotel to twiddle my thumbs for the evening when my phone rings....Brr Brr Brr
It is Rhonda....She asks would I like to come back to her house for the evening....Ohh Yes Please...
Andy will pick me up soon ...Thankyou Rhonda...
We had a nice evening, chatting and drinking beer....before Im driven back to the Hotel ...
Its a nice Hotel , the room is fine, I reflect on my day...Hmmm it was interesting I guess...not what I expected but it was nice to see Rhonda Andy and their boys again, not to mention the Furry ones...
I get myself settled and make a Coffee, take a bath and sit looking out of the window...watching the night go by.....After a while ,,,well ok at about 2,30 am I decide Id better try and get some sleep, I think I slept ok ...I dont remember as I was asleep  ....grins ..
.



..

No comments:

Post a Comment